Our BeestXpress AERMOD Modeling Service will free up your computers while we do the work for them. With the click of a button and an upload of your input files, your AERMOD run will be processing on one of our high performance modeling servers. Your large dispersion modeling runs will finish in a fraction of the time!
BeestXpress works by taking your BEEST Aermod input file and partioning it across multiple simultaneous processes. Once finished, the output is merged into a single output file, resulting in a file that is identical to the file that would have result from a local BEEST Aermod run.
Gone are the days of waiting several days for your AERMOD results. With BeestXpress, you'll have your results in hours or even minutes! Large air quality modeling jobs are no longer a bottleneck!
If you are interested in installing BeestXpress on your own computers, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have a product called On-site BeestXpress that provides all the features of BeestXpress and runs on a local-area network.
How Do I Use This Service?
How Do I Use This Service?
This describes the steps needed to run Aermod models through the BeestXpress website. The process has four steps:
- Create an input file.
- Upload the file to the website and pay for the job.
- Wait for the job to complete and download the output files.
- Import the output files into BEEST.
Create Input File
- Working within BEEST, enter all the information the model needs to run.
- Then, instead of clicking the “Run AERMOD” button, go to the Receptor Options screen. You have the option of speeding up AERMOD runtime by dividing the modeling run into several pieces.
To use this option, click “Partition Receptors” under “Xpress Partition Receptors Option” and enter the number of partitions you want to split the model into. *See First Diagram Below
- Then, click the “Connect to BEEST Xpress” button.*See Second Diagram Below
- A form with several buttons will appear. Click the first button, then select the pollutants to model and click the “Include Downwash” or “No Downwash” button, as appropriate.
- After that, click the “Write Xpress File” to create a single ZIP file that will be uploaded to the website.
Upload Input File
- Next, click the “Submit Job to BeestXpress” button. You will be taken to the BeestXpress website. Log in with the username and password you provided during registration. You will be taken to the job submission page.
- The first step on the job submission page is to upload the input file to the server. Browse to the location of your input file, then click the “Upload” button. When the file is uploaded, click the “Next >” button.
*See First Diagram Below
- The second step is to select which jobs to run. A job is a combination of pollutants and the years to model.
Not all jobs have to be run; some can be run later by selecting a previously uploaded input file. As you select and deselect jobs, the total cost will be updated.*See Second Diagram Below
- Click the “Next >” button to reach the third step of the process. This is where you enter payment information. Fill out the form and click the “Submit Order” page to pay for the job(s) you selected in the previous step. You will see a confirmation page if the payment authorization is successful.
Track Job Progress
At this point, you can either close the browser or go to the Job Status page. This page lists the jobs you have run within the last two weeks and their status. If you close the browser, you can return to this page by clicking the “Check Job Status” button within BEEST and logging in again. Click the job name to see detailed information for that job. If AERMOD is running, you will see its progress on this page.
Download Output File
When the job has ended, you will receive an e-mail with a link to download the output zip file. The e-mail address provided during registration is the one to which e-mail will be sent. Click the link within the e-mail to go to the status page again. Download the output file (or files if you ran multiple jobs) and save them to a memorable location.
Import Output Into BEEST
Open BEEST again. Click the “Connect to BeestXpress” button again, and click the “Import Output Files” button. Select the output file(s) that you downloaded and click “OK”. After this, you will be able to view the results of the model run in BEEST.
Okay. I've read all this and I still don't know what to do!
Don't worry, our staff is here to help. We have highly qualified support personnel to answer any question you can throw at us. Just contact us and we'll have you going in no time!